Wednesday, January 7, 2009

You put your right foot in...

Whether it's the Hokie Pokie, or the picture in my mind of me reluctantly dipping my right toe into the ice cold swimming pool that is sewing, the title applies. But here it is. I'm trying to sew.

I've been wanting to cover this thing for a while. Another of my many Walmart purchases, it's been around for about 15 years now. The fabric is not very nice and the color no longer matches my decor. It also used to have incredibly large piping on it, which I cut off.

So after my aunt gave me over 6 yards of Virginia Tech fleece at Christmas time, I decided now was the time to cover it. What better way to fix a pillow that doesn't match anything than to cover it with bright orange collegiate fleece? :)

I must confess.. I actually made a body pillow case as my first project, but I don't think that really counts as a sewing endeavor. So I will consider this the first attempt at legitimate sewing.

Luckily, my mom (who actually sews) had a pattern from a pillow like this she made years ago for my sister. Also luckily, she had the patience to work with me on cutting out the pattern pieces. Sad, I know, but I did need help. So here are the pieces.

If any of you out there are sewers, or Hokies, or would just like to brighten my day, please leave me some words of encouragement. The worst is yet to come. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Web Site Usage Statistics